Friday, February 4, 2011

It's Stormraven/Dreadnought Building Time!

Well, I'm home from work and my shipment from Neal at the TheWarStore was sitting on my front porch. There is nothing better than getting a box that says, "Your reinforcements have arrived!"

I was thinking about doing my first video as an unboxing, but I honestly just don't have the patience for it and I want to get these bad boys put together.

My first impressions are really good. The detailing on both of these kits is amazing. I felt like the red headed step child for a long time for playing the Blood Angels, but I'm glad I stuck it out as we have arguably some of the best kits in all of 40K starting with Space Hulk and now with the Stormraven and the Furioso Dreadnought.

The thing that I'm most impressed/surprised with is the size comparison between the Stormraven and the Furioso Dreadnought. The Stormraven is simply massive. Here's a few pics I took showing the size difference.


I'm not sure what kit I'm going to build first, but I'm going to get started right away. I'll post a bit more throughout the weekend and probably do a couple tutorials on magnetizing these bad boys.

Till then,
–The Harrower

3 comments:

  1. Special Request: How to magnetize the dread to the bottom of the Stormraven? I know the furioso has an additional shoulder pad thingy that has (2) spools of cables and (2) magnetic crapplers. And the bottom of the SR has one pulley and mag crapple. I have no idea how to mesh the two together and have the dread be supported by the SR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you should ask as I'm actually working on that now. I'm going to post a 101 Magnetizing Tutorial and then I'll get into specifics on attaching a Dreadnaught to the Stormraven. Should have it up this week.

    ReplyDelete