Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Reivers Rules Leaked!

Greetings all! Apologies for the lack of updates. I can't believe it's been over a month since my last post. I am in the middle of moving to a new apartment and I did just have someone break into my online bank account, so I'm dealing with all of that. I did want to pop in quick and share the rules for the Primaris Reivers which were just leaked. Also, I did "fix" one of the released pics of the Reivers in Photoshop. My rendition to the right.

Reiver stats after the jump.





On paper, the Reivers look pretty good. 18 points per model in squads of 5-10 certainly isn't bad. They are 2 wounds and 2 attacks each like all Primaris Marines, and a max squad of 10 will be delivering 31 attacks at Strength 4 which is nothing to sneeze at. Shock Grenades are really good helping them to avoid Overwatch and making them harder to hit in the Fight Phase. They'll do great in melee if only they can get there and get off the charge...


Which leads to my biggest gripe. It'll be hard to get these guys across the board without them getting shot off the table since they can't embark on any of the current Space Marines Transports. I was hoping for infiltration rules a la Scouts. This is a missed opportunity if you ask me. Granted, they'll eventually be able to embark in a Repulsor once it releases, but it's my understanding that is akin to a Land Raider so it'll be super pricey. Maybe they'll get some other type of deployment abilities when the Space Marines Codex drops (like grav chute insertion from the rumored Primaris Marines Flyer). I love all of the new Primaris Marine models, but the rules so far aren't really doing it for me. Hopefully that'll also change when the Codex drops later this month.

That's all for this update. I do have a lot going on, just haven't had the time to post. I am participating in an escalation league at the local Warhammer Store, I started a new Blood Angels Army for 8th Edition, and I am planning on doing a 100 Days of Making Minis challenge like my buddy Tom Mason did. Check it out here.

Next time I'll be posting from my brand new hobby work room in my new apartment. I'll be starting my 100 Days of Making Minis and doing a tutorial on converting Primaris Marines to Blood Angels. Make sure you stop back as you won't want to miss it.

Unit then,
-The Harrower

2 comments:

  1. They come in units of 3... 1 sergeant 2 regular Primaris?? I know the GW site pdf states 5-10... but this apparent codex entry doesn't say anything of the sort.

    For example, the Intercessor entry in the Index stats 1 sergeant 4 primaris (5).

    So I assume same with Reivers...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are special data sheets for the start collecting boxes that feature less models. The standard in the Codex will be 5-10.

      Delete