Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Calm Before the Storm


The DED 'ARD Club is getting together for some 40K tomorrow at my house. We are going to be playing 1,000 point games with the following modified Force Organization Chart:
  • 0-1 HQ
  • 1+ Troops
  • 0-2 Elites
  • 0-2 Fast Attack
  • 0-2 Heavy Support
I'm going to be playing against Eldar, Sisters of Battle, Vanilla Marines, Space Wolves, and probably Chaos. I've really been wanting to get some Dreadnaughts on the table, but here is what I decided to go with.

HQ
Reclusiarch

Honor Guard w/ Jump Packs, Storm Shield, Power Weapon, Meltagun

TROOPS
6 Man Assault Squad w/ Power Weapon and Meltagun
Mounted in a Razorback w/ lasercannon and twin-linked plasmagun

6 Man Assault Squad w/ Power Weapon and Meltagun
Mounted in a Razorback w/ twin-linked assault cannon

5 Death Company w/ Power Weapon and Infernus Pistol
Mounted in a Razorback w/ twin-linked heavy flamer

FAST ATTACK
Landspeeder Tornado w/ multimelta and heavy flamer

This list is pretty straight forward like most of my lists. Reclusiarch and Death Company are the spear head and lead the assault. The Razorbacks get the Assault Squads into position while taking shots at any mechanized targets.

The Honor Guard Deep Strike and fill in where needed. The Landspeeder hopefully pops a tank or two. If it manages to stay alive, it can use the heavy flamer on infantry. I may have this deep strike so it doesn't get smoked on turn 1, but I haven't decided yet.

We'll see how it goes, it should be interesting. I did mention that I was going to show my new Death Company Rhino. That'll have to wait for the aftermath. Wish me luck brothers.

Enim Sangunius!

–The Harrower 

No comments:

Post a Comment