Sunday, August 25, 2013

40K Radio reviews the upcoming Space Marines Codex!



I don't typically review or cover Podcasts, but my favorite Podcast, 40K Radio, has released Part 1 of their Space Marines Codex review which is HUGE. I can't remember the last time we had such an early and in depth look at an army Codex (Grey Knights was the last one that comes to mind). From what I've heard so far, it sounds like this Codex is going to be amazing and I can't wait to add some Space Marine allies to my Blood Angels lists.

More after the break.

On this 2 hour episode, they covered Warlord Traits, Chapter Tactics, all of the Special Characters (there are sadly no new ones), and they went in depth on what the Black Templars gained and lost by being folded into the Space Marines Codex (spoiler: I'd be pretty happy if I was a Black Templars player). They also talked about the art and fluff of the book and it really sounds like Games Workshop knocked the ball outta the park with this release as everyone was really excited about the future of Space Marines.

I've been a Freeboota for some time and Kyle and Rik have been answering questions on the Freebootaz forum and Facebook for about 3 weeks now. It was great of them to open Pandora's Box and drop even more info on the Space Marines. I've been a listening to the show for a long time and this is the best episode that I can remember and has tons of new information. It was really good to have Romeo back on the show again as well. Be sure to check it out. Part 2 is going to cover all of the individual units and vehicles and is supposed to be posted on Saturday, August 31st.

Looking back, I reposted almost all of the leaked model pics from the new Space Marines Codex, but I did forget about the Sternguard Veterans. If you are living under a rock somewhere or under THE Rock (sorry, bad Dark Angel humor) here they are.


Till next time,
–The Harrower

No comments:

Post a Comment