Well, the title of the post says it all. Looks like the Blood Angels Digital Codex is just a copy and paste from the existing 5th edition codex with added 360 galleries. Wahoo!
More after the break.
Sure, it's cheap to produce and it might net you some money, but other than that this is totally worthless and I can't understand why anyone would drop money on it. I really don't understand the point of this. Here's the scan if there are any doubters.
Sisters of Battle fans aren't entirely hosed as they will at least get new Warlord traits. Pretty sure this is just a slight update to the Codex with no models being released. Too bad the model range is 1,000 years old and trying to start up a Sisters of Battle army will cost a small fortune.
I thought a lot about Blood Angels since 6th Edition was released and I posted what I would change if I was the Codex Author over on Bolter and Chainsword. I reposted that below. Here's what I would do:
- Add the Stalker/Hunter as a Heavy Support choice.
- Add the Storm Talon as a Fast Attack choice.
- Add the Land Speeder Storm as a Dedicated Transport for Scouts (I know this one is a stretch, but I love the Storm!).
- Add options for Grav weapons.
- Up the max squad size of Sanguinary Guard to 10.
- Create a single statline for Glaive Encarmines: +1S, AP2, Two-handed, Mastercrafted
- Let Dante use his Axe at Initiative.
- Let Death Company Tycho join a unit of Death Company.
- Make Lemartes' Jump Pack optional.
- Give Lemartes It Will Not Die.
- Make Corbulo an HQ.
- Bring back the Sanguinary High Priest HQ.
- Bring back Moriar the Chosen.
- Give Captains decent equipment options like Artificer Armour.
- Give Mephiston Vitarus and make it AP2.
- Mephiston keeps his 5e Psychic Powers (and gets a new miniature!).
- Give Librarians access to Biomancy, Divination, Telepathy or Telekinesis.
- Access to Flakk missiles.
- Copy and paste Tactical Squads from Codex Space Marines.
- Copy and paste Scout Squads from Codex Space Marines.
- Allow 1 unit of Sternguard Veterans, Vanguard Veterans, or Honour Guard to take a Stormraven as a Dedicated Transport per detachment.
- Allow Blood Angels to disembark from vehicles that move 12" with the caveat that they need to take dangerous terrain tests. Units that assault after disembarking in this manner count as making a disordered charge.
- Change Red Thirst to the following: Blood Angels within 12" of an enemy model (not a vehicle) roll a D6 at the start of their movement phase. On a roll of 1-2 they suffer the effects of Red Thirst and gain Rage, Fleet, and Fearless until the start of their next turn. Models that are under the affect of Red Thirst that fire in the Shooting Phase can only fire Snap Shots.
- Allow a Baal Predator with a Flamestorm cannon the ability to use torrent once per game.
If I had the luxury of creating a new unit I would introduce a new Dedicated Transport that would have 12/12/10 Armour, Assault Ramps, and a Troop Capacity of 12. I would also make this available for the Space Wolves.
Till next time,