Wednesday, December 10, 2014
Final Blood Angels Rules Dump
This is it. My final "preview" post on the new Blood Angels Codex. This gives us a really good picture of what to expect come release. If you are stuck on a forum or Facebook group that's fallen to the Black Rage, stop on over at The Bolter and Chainsword's Blood Angel Subforum which has resisted the Red Thirst and remains the most open minded and frankly the best gathering of Blood Angels players on the internet IMHO.
Big thanks to Pascalnz and Duke Danse Macabre from over there for getting hold of the Codex early and doing a massive Q and A. I believe they are still answering questions, so if there's something you are dying to know, head on over to this thread. At this point, I'm satisfied with what I know and for anything else I'm just going to wait until I get my Codex.
Rules dump coming after the break.
Army Special Rules:
HQ: Librarian Dreadnought
Troops: Tactical Squads, Scout Squads
Elites: Death Company, Dreadnoughts (Death Company and Furioso), Command Squad (Honour Guard are gone)
Fast: Stormraven (screenshot from Black Library doesn't show this listed, so this may be a mistake)
Heavy Support: Baal Predator
Baal Strike Force Detachment:
Mandatory 1 HQ, 2 Troops, 1 Elite,
Optional: 1 HQ, 4 Troops, 3 Elite, 3 Fast, 3 Heavy
Special Rule: +1 Initiative when charging, all the army, any turn.
1. Red Rampage: Warlord gets Rampage.
2. Speed of the Primarch. Warlord gets +1 Initiative.
3. Artisan of War: One of the warlord's weapons is mastercrafted.
4. Soulwarden: Warlord gets Adamantium will.
5. Descent of Angels. D6 less scatter for jump and skimmer units.
6. Heroic Bearing: Warlord has a 12" Fearless bubble.
Primaris: Blessing. +D3 to Attacks and Initiative to Psyker or target character at 12”.
1. Malediction. Target unit at 12" takes a Moral test with -2 penalty.
2. Blessing. Target unit at 18" gets Rage. If they had already that rule, they get +1 Attack instead.
3. Blessing. Psyker and his unit get 5++.
4. Focussed witch fire. Target makes 2 Toughness tests. Take one Wound for each failed test. If target dies, place 5" blast with S4 and AP5.
5. Beam. 12" S8, AP1 Lance
6. Blessing. Target infantry unit, moves 12" in the psychic phase. No charging after this movement.
1. One jump pack that allows the bearer and his unit re-roll when Deepstriking and when other units Intercept must fire Snapshots. Cost: 25 points.
2. Gives Fear, and fear tests are done with -2 Leadership. Cost: 10 points.
3. One item that gives an additional warlord trait strategic table. Cost: 15 points.
4. One physic weapon +2S, AP4, bearer may re-roll 1s in the psychic phase. If rerolled die is a 1, bearer takes one wound. No saves allowed. Cost: 10 points.
5. One Master-crafted plasma pistol, that does not get hot. Points: 25
6. One AP2 power sword. Cost: 25 points.
• Dante: LoW. Eternal Warrior, Hit and Run. Axe is +2S, AP2, Mastercraft, and strikes at Initiative. Deathmask causes a 12” Fear bubble where any unit in range and in close combat must test. No longer unlocks Sanguinary Guard as Troops. If playing with Tactical Objectives can also roll on that table in addition to keeping Descent of Angels. 220 points
• Seth: LoW. Lost his special attack, but now does +1 hit for each 6 to wound. 155 points
• Mephiston: HQ. WS6 BS5 S5 T5 W3 I5 A4 L10 2+ Special Rules: Furious Charge, Independent Character, Fleet, And They Shall Know No Fear, Hypnotic Trance: Roll 2D6 in a challenge. If you roll equal to or above their Leadership Mephiston hits on a 2+. Warlord trait: Admantium Will. Level 3 Pskyer w/ unique blessing giving him S10. Sword is AP3. 175 points
• The Sanguinor: Pretty much the same with a 4++. Rerolls to hit and to wound rolls in challenges. Not an Independent Character. 200 points
• Corbulo: HQ. WS5 BS5 S4 T4 W3 I5 A3 L10 3+ And They Shall Know No Fear, Furious Charge, Independent Character. Bolt Pistol, Narthecium (Feel No Pain to unit), Frag and Krak Grenades, Power Armour. Relics: Heaven's Teeth (+1S AP– Melee, Rending) Red Grail (+1 WS +1 Initiative to all units within 6". Does not stack with Blood Chalice). Far-seeing Eye: One reroll per game for one of the following: Seize Initiative, Reserves, Scatter, To Hit, To Wound, Save. 120 points
• Astorath: Warlord Trait Admantium Will. Axe is +1S AP2 Unwieldy. On a 6 to hit auto wounds and causes Instant Death. Allows Death Company to reroll hits and wounds on charge. 155 points
• Lemartes: Can only join Death Company and takes an Elite slot. 2W. When loses a wound gains +1S and A. 130 points
• Tycho: No longer ignores armour saves. Combi-melta can no longer use special ammo but is master crafted. 130 points
• DC Tycho: Feel No Ppain, Relentless, Fearless, Rage. Can only join Death Company. Points: 145
• Captain: Has options for Artificer Armour and Relic Blades. Same as Codex: Space Marines with Furious Charge. 90 points
• Librarian Dreadnought: HQ. Mastery Level 1. Can upgrade to Mastery Level 2 for 25 points. Furioso Force Halberd counts as a Powerfist with Force, but its not a Specialist Weapon so no additional attack. Can replace Stormbolter with Heavy Flamer or Meltagun. Can be the Warlord but can only roll on Blood Angel Warlord Traits. Same stats as a normal dreadnought with AV 13 in the front. WS5. Can take Drop Pod as Dedicated Transport.
• Chaplain: Same as Codex: Space Marines with Furious Charge. 90 points
• Sanguinary Priest: 1 per HQ slot. WS5 BS4 S4 T4 W2 I4 A2 L9 3+ And They Shall Know No Fear, Furious Charge, Independent Character. Chainsword, Narthecium (Feel No Pain to unit), Frag and Krak Grenades, Blood Chalice (+1 WS to unit). Can buy a Bike, but no longer has access to Terminator Armour. Can’t purchase Artificer Armour either. May take a Bolt Pistol for +1 point and upgrades from Melee Weapons, Ranged Weapons, Special Wargear, and Relics of Baal. 60 points
• Librarian: Same as Codex: Space Marines with Furious Charge. Chooses powers from Sanguinary, Biomancy, Daemonology, Divination, or Pyromancy.
• Tech Marine: HQ. 50 points
• Reclusiarchs are gone. :(
• No new units. Terminators and Librarian are separate kits.
• No access to Storm Talon or Centurions.
• Tactical Squad: Usual options from Codex: Space Marines plus grav weapons. They do have access to Flakk missiles. 5 man squad can take 1 heavy or 1 special. Sergeant can dual wield pistols. Now have access to Auspex. Rhino, Razorback, or Drop Pod as Dedicated Transport.
• Furioso: WS5, BS4, 2 attacks base, AV13. Same cost as before. Blood Talons are +10 points and give Shred. Magna-grapple replaces smoke launchers for free. Fragcannon now costs 5 points with same stats as before.
• Death Company Dreadnought: DC Dread is WS4, BS4, 3 attacks base, AV 12
• Honour Guard are gone. Honour Guard replaced by Command Squad.
• Command Squad: 3 Veterans, 1 Champion, 1 Novitiate w/ Narthecium. Can take 3 specials. Can upgrade to Jump Packs for +25 points. 100 points
• Vanguard Veterans cannot assault after Deep Strike.
• Death Company: Furious Charge, Fearless, Relentless, Feel No Pain, Rage. Cannot reroll to wound rolls if a Chaplain is in the unit (that is now Astaroth’s ability). No options for Terminator Armour. WS dropped to 4. Jump Packs are +3 points per model. No limit on how many melee or pistol weapons you upgrade (but no access to grav). Max 15 per squad. Can have multiple squads.
• Blood Chalice: +1 WS. No longer a bubble just affects the unit.
• Predator Annihilator/Destructor and Vindicator can upgrade to Fast for +10 points.
• Land Raider: Only a Dedicated Transport for Terminators.
• Tactical/Sternguard Squad: Gain access to Heavy Flamer (max 2 per unit).
• Terminators: Access to a banner which allows reroll of failed morale and pinning tests within a 12” bubble for +5 points. Chapter Banner same as it used to be.
• Bikes: Same as Codex: Space Marines. Do have access to grav-guns.
• Assault Marines: 2 special weapons per squad. Sergeants can carry 2 pistols. Free Drop Pod or Rhino if Jump Packs removed. 5 assault marines w/ 2 meltaguns and 2 infernus pistols in a drop pod costs 135 points! Cannot take a Razorback as a Dedicated Transport.
• Scouts: Same as Codex: Space Marines with Furious Charge. No access to the Landspeeder Storm.
• Baal Predator: No longer has Scout. No torrent for Flamestorm Cannon. Under Heavy Support now. 115 points
• Rhino: Still Fast. 45 points
• Razorback: Still Fast. Upgrade to Heavy Flamer for free. Upgrade to heavy weapon +20 points. 65 points
• Stormraven: Same as Codex: Space Marines. Bloodstrike Missiles replaced with Stormstrike Missiles.
• Sanguinary Guard: 165 points for 5 models. +33 points per additional model with a max squad size of 10. Upgrade to Deathmasks for +1 point to cause fear. Glaive Encarmines are the same.
That's it! Unit next time, keep the Black Rage in check or fear the bite of Astaroth's axe.