Thursday, December 18, 2014

New Blood Angel/Flesh Tearer Formations


I had to drive across the country back to PA so I've been out of the loop for the past few days. I finally broke down and picked up the digital version of the Blood Angels Codex as I'm still waiting on my Sanguinary Guard Edition to come in. My initial read through has been positive and I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far.

I'll do a review of the Codex in the next few days, but for now I wanted to share some of the crazy new Blood Angel and Flesh Tearer formations that are in White Dwarf and the final installment of Shield of Baal: Exterminatus. Among them is the Angel's Fury Spearhead Force which consists of 3 Storm Ravens and 3 Ten Man Tactical Squads. Not only can the whole formation arrive starting Turn 1, but it has a special rule Augur Triangulation that allows models arriving from Deepstrike to assault starting Turn 1!

Images of the formations after the break.





So these are looking really solid! Angel's Fury sure costs a lot of points, but flying in 3 Storm Ravens on Turn 1 is sure to cause some issues for your opponent. Sound off in the comments and let me know what you think of these.

Until next time,
–The Harrower

3 comments:

  1. How is it that blood angels have better cc than space wolves? The DC are OP enough as it is with their I5 everyone can have a plasma and power weapon bulshit but now they can charge on the turn they arrive too? Plus can have counter attack, plus can arrive turn 1 with re-rolls? Sorry, but shouldn't those rules have been in the wolves dex cos you know they are meticulous planners and predatorial monsters? These guys conversely are rabid and insane- so how is it that they can out manouvre wolves on deployment and then overpower them in cc and in firefight? Bulshit gw. Where are my wulfen? Start making rules that stick to the fluff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I hate to say it but you have not read all the fluff apparently. Considering it is recognized that almost all other chapter masters defer to Dante and his superior planing and strategy. I would not argue the the Wolves are not good because surely they are but Dante has been around much longer. Insane does not mean incapable of any thought and counter attack is still a primal basic survival instinct. Let alone that the BA have huge amounts of air assets at their disposal and are naturally born to the sky like their primarch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. None of these formations benefit from the initive buff, that only comes with the baal detachment, sure you could mix a baal detachment with the storm ravens to get i5 charging out of no scatter deep strike but even at 2k you can't get a lot of Killy stuff in the same list as the Ravens, plus if you fail the raven reserve roll on turn 1 you are very screwed.

    ReplyDelete