Friday, December 5, 2014

Out with the old, in with the new

The new Blood Angels Codex is nearly upon us! With that in mind, I've been taking some time between posts and checking forums to evaluate where I'm at with my blog and how I want to proceed in the coming year. As I look at my posts over the past couple years I notice I have less hobby related posts and a lot more news and rumors.

While I like knowing what's going on with my favorite hobby, Natfka does a much better job of covering the news scene over on Faeit212 than I ever could and it was the models, terrain, and painting that drew me into the Warhammer hobby in the first place. There is nothing that excited me more than looking through old issues of White Dwarf at all of the cool terrain and models. With that in mind, I want to take my blog back in that direction and show off what I'm working on and do more tutorials.

More after the break.


Here's a picture of the Death Company Storm Raven I'm working on. I want to add freehand Blood Angels icons to the wings on the red area. I created a couple stylized icons based on the artwork from the 5th Edition Codex, but I'm not liking these. If anyone has any suggestions I'd be happy to hear them!


So aside from getting away from hobby related posts, the other thing that REALLY bothers me is I've never fielded a fully painted army on the table (Kill Team and Combat Patrol don't count!). Sure, I've had amazing finished terrain, but pushing red primered models across it just isn't the same. My hope is making these changes to my blog should help me get the Sons of Sanguinius on the table in their full painted glory.

The last issue I have is like a lot of people out there I have tons of kits, bitz, and other hobby related stuff I've collected throughout the years. Along with redoing how I approach my blog,  I'm also going to get rid of a lot of the "stuff" I have which will make the missus happy as she can reclaim lost closet space.

Up on eBay I already have several auctions started. Mostly I'm selling Warhammer and Warhammer 40K related items, but there are some other things up there as well. Among the Warhammer related items are my Blood Angels army from the mid 90s which includes my Baal Predator and Death Company Rhino that made final cut at consecutive Golden Demons (although crazy controversy made sure they never placed), Space Hulk 3rd Edition complete with BattleFoam, lots of Space Marines and Necrons models still on the sprue, a brand new Norse Blood Bowl Team, custom Blood Angels dice, a GW hard figure case, tons of bitz, etc. The below pics shows the sprues I have sorted on the table and what I have left to go (yeah, I have a LOT!).


So if you need a kit to finish your collection or are looking for bitz to bolster your bitz box, you can look at my current auctions here. They all start at .99 cents with no reserve and I do have a 100% feedback rating so you can bid with confidence. I'll be adding more throughout the next few days so if you don't see something you like now be sure to check back.

For the latest on Blood Angels rumors and all the leaked pics head on over to my Blood Angels Compiled MEGA Post as I'll keep adding stuff there. I'm also planning a tutorial on how to tint a Stormraven canopy so keep an eye out for that soon as well.

Until next time,
–The Harrower

No comments:

Post a Comment