over on Warseer.
I reformatted everything and posted below for your perusal. I also added it to my Blood Angels Compiled MEGA Post. Here's what we know:
Army Special Rules:
HQ: Librarian Dreadnought
Troops: Tactical Squads, Scout Squads
Elites: Death Company, Dreadnoughts (Death Company and Furioso), Command Squad (Honour Guard are gone)
Heavy Support: Baal Predator
Baal Strike Force Detachment:
Mandatory 1 HQ, 1 Elite, 2 Troops
Optional: as usual, but 3 additional Elite slots (Total 4)
Special Rule: +1 Initiative when charging, all the army, any turn.
More after the break.
1. Red Rampage: Warlord gets Rampage.
2. Speed of the Primarch. Warlord gets +1 Initiative.
3. Artisan of War: One of the warlord's weapons is mastercrafted.
4. Soulwarden: Warlord gets Adamantium will.
5. Descent of Angels. (Dante's trait)
6. Heroic Bearing: Warlord has a 12" Fearless bubble.
Primaris: Blessing. +D3 to Attacks and Initiative to Psyker or target character at 12”.
1. Malediction. Target unit at 12" takes a Moral test with -2 penalty.
2. Blessing. Target unit at 18" gets Rage. If they had already that rule, they get +1 Attack instead.
3. Blessing. Psyker and his unit get 5++.
4. Focussed witch fire. Target makes 2 Toughness tests. Take one Wound for each failed test. If target dies, place 5" blast with S4 and AP5.
5. Beam. 12" S8, AP1 Lance
6. Blessing. Target infantry unit, moves 12" in the psychic phase. No charging after this movement.
1. One jump pack that allows the bearer and his unit re-roll when Deepstriking and when other units Intercept must fire Snapshots. Cost: 25 points.
2. Gives Fear, and fear tests are done with -2 Leadership. Cost: 10 points.
3. One item that gives an additional warlord trait strategic table. Cost: 15 points.
4. One physic weapon +2S, AP4, bearer may re-roll 1s in the psychic phase. If rerolled die is a 1, bearer takes one wound. No saves allowed. Cost: 10 points.
5. One Master-crafted plasma pistol, that does not get hot. Cost: 25 points.
6. One AP2 power sword. Cost: 25 points.
• Dante: LoW. Eternal Warrior. Axe is +2S, AP2, Mastercraft, and strikes at Initiative. No longer unlocks Sanguinary Guard as Troops.
• Seth: LoW. Lost his special attack, but now does +1 hit for each 6 to wound.
• Mephiston: HQ. WS6 BS5 S5 T5 W3 I5 A4 L10 2+ Special Rules: Furious Charge, Independent Character, Fleet, And They Shall Know No Fear, Hypnotic Trance: Roll 2D6 in a challenge. If you roll equal to or above their Leadership Mephiston hits on a 2+. Warlord trait: Admantium Will. Level 3 Pskyer w/ unique blessing giving him S10. Sword is AP3. Points: 175
• The Sanguinor: Pretty much the same with a 4++. Rerolls to hit and to wound rolls in challenges. Not an Independent Character.
• Sanguinary Priest: HQ. Independent Character. The unit joined gains +1WS and Feel No Pain. Can buy a Bike, but no longer has access to Terminator Armour. Points: 60
• Corbulo: HQ. Grail gives all units within 6” +1 WS and +1 Initiative. Not cumulative with the standard chalice. 3 wounds. Cost: 120 points.
• Lemartes: Can only join Death Company and takes an Elite slot.
• Tycho: No longer ignores armour saves. Combi-melta can no longer use special ammo.
• No new units. Terminators and Librarian are separate kits.
• No access to Storm Talon or Centurions.
• Tactical Squad: Usual options from Codex: Space Marines plus new options. They do have access to Flakk missiles.
• Furioso. Same cost as before. Blood Talons are +10 points.
• Reclusiarchs and Honour Guard are gone. Honour Guard replaced by Command Squad.
• Vanguard Veterans cannot assault after Deep Strike.
• Death Company: Furious Charge, Fearless, Relentless, Feel No Pain, Rage. Cannot reroll to wound rolls if a Chaplain is in the unit (that is now Astaroth’s ability). No options for Terminator Armour. WS dropped to 4. Jump Packs are +3 points per model.
• Blood Chalice: +1 WS and Feel No Pain. No longer a bubble just affects the unit.
• Rhinos, Razorbacks, and Baal Predators are Fast.
• Predator Annihilator/Destructor can upgrade to Fast for +10 points.
• Land Raider: No longer a Dedicated Transport.
• Tactical/Sternguard Squad: Gain access to Heavy Flamer (max 2 per unit).
• Sanguinary Guard: 33 points per model. Glaive Encarmines are still mastercrafted. Max unit size is 10.
• Terminators: Access to a banner which allows reroll of failed morale and pinning tests within a 12” bubble.
• Bike squads have access to grav-guns.
So a lot has changed. With the new detachment this harkens back to the 5th Edition Blood Angels Codex where we truly were a strong assault army. Now we can buff Weapon Skill and Initiative to strike first against other marines and at a higher Strength due to army wide Furious Charge. The nerfs to Mephiston's stats bum me out a bit as does no reliable AA. Overall, we are much better off then we were and it'll be interesting learning the nuances of the Codex.
Till next time,